The top products to dropship in 2023 hasn't changed as drastically as it did a few years ago, but there are some notable changes that I'm going to discuss in this years top 10 dropshipping niches of 2023.
The market and economy may be changing, but these profitable drop shipping niche ideas still will absolutely still work far into the future.
2023: Recession Proof Drop Ship Niches
Here are my Top 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2023:
Let’s get 2023 with Recession-Proof Niches. These are products that will sell regardless of what happens with the economy. We’re focusing on these because of these changes:
Here are my Top 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2023:
- 1Nursery Room Furniture: Parents never skip on baby supplies. Drop ship in-demand cribs, dressers, art, shelving, and more supplies that babies will need. Parents will always spend money on their children.
- 2Camping Gear: Families may choose to spend their vacations camping instead of going to expensive theme parks and vacation places. With this, you can sell camping equipment like tents, sleeping bags, pots and pans, and everything one would need when camping.
- 3Automotive Parts: People have been recently spending money on cars, especially used cars. To attract this target market to your store, sell car replacement parts like springs, brake pads, carburetors, etc. They’re more likely to save money by buying replacements instead of buying new cars.
- 4Power Washers: There are many instances of people losing jobs, getting pay cuts, no bonuses, etc. during a recession. To handle this, they will look for side hustles, like providing local cleaning services. You can help them by dropshipping high-quality power washers and gaining profit at the same time!
- 5Alternative Energy: More people want to save energy to cut bills. You can drop ship portable and big solar panels and other energy-saving products that they can use to do so.
- 6Hydroponics: There are less grocery bills and more fun when you invest in growing your own food. These products are good sells nowadays, especially since people are looking for things to do at home as well.
- 7Pizza Ovens: Recession results in less dine outs. The upper middle class, our target, will look for ways to have fun with their family and have meal nights with them. Because of this, they will be inclined to cook meals and snacks more often. Try dropshipping ovens used for cooking one of the family favorites - pizza!
- 8Bounce Houses: Making your home more fun is even more possible with these products! People, especially parents, are buying more of these inflatables to have fun with their families at home.
- 9Telescopes: People with hobbies are willing to spend. At the same time, children love telescopes as well and so, parents tend to purchase them as gifts for their kids.
- 10Adjustable Beds: Health is wealth and so, people will buy products that can help them with their health problems, like these adjustable beds.
2022: We Are Focusing on High Demand Niches!
Moving into 2022, we’re going for High Demand Niches. This is after finding out that customers with the ability to spend will continue buying products at higher prices but the total addressable market (TAM) may shrink.
If you’re a member of Drop Ship Lifestyle, you know that we perform a ‘Demand Test' where we aim to find at least 10,000 monthly searches for the niches we’re considering. But due to changes, we’ll now look for niches with an average monthly search (AKA Demand) of over 30,000.
With this new extreme criteria, you’ll still be able to sell to customers who’re resistant to the possibility of increasing prices. Just remember that for this niche, always follow what I’ve always mentioned, to have at least 20 suppliers for your product niches.
Here are my Top 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2022:
- Bedroom Furniture Sets: (Demand = 74,000, Supplier = >100)
- Persian Rugs: (Demand = 40,500, Supplier = >100)
- Chicken Coops: (Demand = 246,000, Supplier = >30)
- Bathtubs: (Demand = 165,000, Supplier = >200)
- Fire Pits: (Demand = 368,000, Supplier = >100)
- Bar Carts: (Demand = 165,000, Supplier = >100)
- Porch Swings: (Demand = 110,000, Supplier = >100)
- Gazebos: (Demand = 301,000, Supplier = >100)
- Home Saunas: (Demand = 33,100, Supplier = 50)
- Chandeliers: (Demand = 246,000, Supplier = >400)
2021: Best Dropshipping Niches for "The New Normal"
In 2021 we are focusing on "The New Normal".
Here is what has changed:
- Increased amount of people working from home.
- Increased amount of people concerned about health.
- Increase in "free" time.
- Decrease in travel
The upper middle-class has more disposable income AND has more time to fill.
If you're a member of Drop Ship Lifestyle, my coaching program, you know that we specifically market to the upper middle-class.
Right now more than ever they have extra cash, the ones who kept their jobs, that are working from home.
They aren't dealing with the usual day to day expenses. The costs associated with commuting, with going into an office. They are not traveling, so they're not spending money on that.
They have more time to fill because they are simply at home more.
This is why the best dropshipping niches for 2021 all focus on their "new lifestyle" and where they are currently spending their disposable income.
These specific niches are in no particular order, but they target the above information.
Here are my Top 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2021:
- Pet Supplies: Pet ownership is at an all time high. You can be the business that sells the new owners the high-ticket supplies they need, and will continue to need.
- Kitchen Supplies: With more and more people cooking at home, selling high-ticket supplies like Japanese knives or pizza ovens is more profitable than ever.
- Alternative Bicycles: Dropshipping electric bikes or adult tricycles is a great way to capitalize on the fact that more people are enjoying the outdoors.
- Home Game Room Equipment: Home sales are at record highs and so are home improvement projects. You can drop ship air hockey tables, popcorn machines, and more to everyone looking to build out their game rooms.
- Kids Workspace Equipment: Children and learning remotely and parents want them have to have a dedicated space. Drop ship children's desks and chairs to catch this growing trend.
- Water Recreation Equipment: This niche also takes advantage of the fact that so many people are enjoying their free time while staying local. Sell products like standup paddle boards and towable floats to help people enjoy the water!
- Outdoor Furniture: This is a great evergreen niche that is having a breakout year do to home owners investing their disposable income into where they're spending their time.
- Home Bar Equipment: Another area where homeowners are putting their money is into home bars. Drop ship bars, bar stools, and even kegerators and watch the sales roll in.
- Wine Refrigerators: Not everyone is into beers and cocktails. Build a store dropshipping wine refrigerators to make sure everyone over 21 is covered.
- Home Gym Equipment: This evergreen niche is booming in 2021. Drop ship home gyms, kettle bells, free weights, treadmills, elliptical trainers or pretty much anything that falls into the fitness category and you will be positioned for success!
2020: Best Dropshipping Niches for Custom Products
In 2020 we are focusing on "Custom Product Niches". Why custom products?
- Less competition
- Relationships matter
- High price points
- High profits
Here are my Top 10 Custom Product Dropshipping Niches for 2020:
- Workbenches (Customization = Shelving, Power-Strips, Drawers)
- Stone Pavers (Customization = Design Builder To Recommends Shapes & Styles)
- CNC Machines & Tables (Customization = Water Tables, Plasma Cutters, Mounts)
- Home Theater Seating (Customization = Color Options, Embedded Logos)
- Outdoor Kitchens (Customization = Sinks, Refrigerators, Lighting)
- Crown Molding (Customization = Calculator To Recommend Lengths & Styles)
- Warehouse Shelving (Customization = Design Tool To Recommend Products)
- Closet Organization Systems (Customization = Shelves, Hangers, Shoe Racks)
- Garage Organization Systems (Customization = Lockers, Toolboxes, Shelving)
- Billiard Tables (Customization = Base Finishes, Felt Colors, Custom Prints)
2019: Brandable Niches
Moving into 2019, we were heavily focusing on brandable drop shipping stores. That means we needed niches that give us multiple opportunities for monetization.
While it's still very possible to make a lot of money with niches that only provide the opportunity for one-off sales, I do believe that as we move into the future, the more opportunities for monetization, the better.
Here are my Top Ten Brandable Dropshipping Niches:
- Minimalist Luggage: Build a brand around travel where you can drop ship minimalist luggage. Add in another revenue stream by doing brand deals with travel companies and promoting flights as an affiliate.
- Home Gaming Setups: Build a brand around gaming where you drop ship desks, mounts, and gaming chairs. Add in another revenue stream promoting PC parts as an affiliate to earn you extra commissions.
- High-Performance Workstation: Similar to home gaming setups, you can drop ship desks, mounts, chairs, and even treadmill desks. Build a brand around productivity and add in additional revenue streams by promoting project management software.
- Home Gym Equipment: Drop ship weights, bars, stationary bikes, and kettlebells. Then build a brand around getting fit in the comfort of your own home.
- Tiny Home Furnishings: It’s not too late to cash in on the tiny home trend! You can drop ship all of the furnishings that tiny home builders need. Increase your revenue streams by referring clients to tiny home builders!
- Custom Window Treatments: Shutters, blinds, shades, curtains, drapery… you can drop ship all of these products while making a great profit margin! Add in another stream of revenue by partnering with interior designers and sending them referrals!
- Recreational Boating: Build a brand around recreational boating where you drop ship replacement parts and upgrade options for boater owners. Add in another stream of revenue by doing brand deals with boat manufacturers, promoting boat shows, and promoting boat insurance as an affiliate!
- Home Theater Equipment: Build a brand around home theaters and drop ship the projector screens, the mounts, the seating, the shelving, and the popcorn machines! Increase your brand reach by showcasing different home theater setups for different size rooms. Add in an additional stream of revenue by referring clients to home theater installation companies and also by promoting the electronic components as an affiliate.
- Indoor Grow Rooms: Cash in on the growing cannabis industry by drop shipping indoor grow rooms, lighting, and related accessories. Increase your brand reach by sharing “how-to” videos. Add in another stream of revenue by doing brand deals with industry events.
- Kiteboarding Gear: This is a niche that is continuing to grow with no signs of slowing down. Drop ship the kiteboarding gear and start creating content to build your brand now. Kiteboarding will be in the Paris Olympics in 2024 which should cause a huge boom in sales. Do the work now and be positioned for even more success in the future.
2018: Best Dropshipping Niches for Repeat Purchases
Keeping long-term strategies in mind will not only help bring in a consistent cash flow but will increase the value of your store over time. Meaning, if you decide to sell your store, it will be worth more.
That’s why 2018 was the year of the Repeat Purchases Niche. With these dropshipping niches, you’ll be able to acquire customers that will buy from your dropshipping store for years to come. This means you’ll have a much higher customer lifetime value and a higher ROAS (return on ad spend).
Here are Ten of the Best Dropshipping Niches for Repeat Purchases:
- Racing Bicycle Wheels (New Tires = Repeat Sales)
- Skeet Shooting Launcher (New Skeets = Repeat Sales)
- Grills / Smokers (Wood Chips = Repeat Sales)
- Video & Photography Lights (New Bulbs = Repeat Sales)
- Pottery & Ceramics (New Material = Repeat Sales)
- Automatic Pet Feeders (Pet Food = Repeat Sales
- Mobile Bars (Restocking = Repeat Sales)
- Commercial Restaurant Equipment (Restocking = Repeat Sales)
- 3D Printing (New Material = Repeat Sales)
- Bow Hunting (New Arrows = Repeat Sales)
2017: Community Niches
In 2017, we focused on passion-based niches that you can create Facebook groups around and become a leader in. If you build a thriving community around your products you’ll get a ton of organic and referral traffic, which means you’ll be able to sell more to your customers!
These ten niches are broad while still being specific. Meaning there are a lot of associated products you can sell with/after they purchase your main offer. Which means you’ll have huge upsells on the main offer AND be able to continually sell to them after!
So what niches are perfect for building Facebook groups?
Here are the Best Dropshipping Niches for Building a Community:
- MMA Training Equipment: Take advantage of the buzz created around fights
- Spelunking: It’s a competitive hobby, think photo bragging rights of “who climbed into that really really small hole”. Plus it’s usually a group activity.
- Survival Prepping: Think “Doomsday” preppers.
- Exotic Pet Supplies: People, LOVE their pets, and they also LOVE talking about their pets.
- RC Cars & Planes: Not just for kids. Adults pay some serious bucks for this niche.
- Rock Climbing Equipment: Also a group activity. Many rock climbers join local climbing Facebook groups to meet fellow climbers & talk “rock”!
- Lawn Care: These are the type of people who win “Lawn of the Month”.
- Robot Building: Another expensive “toy” for adults. There are even robot competitions!
- Bio-Hacking: Huge trend that has grown in popularity over the past few years.
- Amateur Photography: So many accessories to talk shop about: light boxes, stands, green screens, filters, etc.
With these ten niches, you can build up an active Facebook group that your customer will love to interact with.
More importantly, you’ll have a brand that they’ll love to buy from!
2016: Upsell Niches
2016 was the year of the upsell. We chose niches that make you more money through selling add-ons with your main product.
That means you make even more money per transaction.
Here are Ten Upsell Niches That Will Make You More Money:
- Power Tools (Value Added Upsell = Woodworking Plans)
- Drum Sets (Value Added Upsell = Drum Lessons)
- Gun Safes (Value Added Upsell = NRA Membership)
- Wall Paper (Value Added Upsell = Interior Design Consultation)
- Snowboards (Value Added Upsell = Snowboard Bags)
- Trampolines (Value Added Upsell = Safety Net)
- Fireplaces (Value Added Upsell = Fireplace Screens)
- Desks (Value Added Upsell = Office Chairs)
- Home Bars (Value Added Upsell = Bar Stools)
- Above Ground Pools (Value Added Upsell = Pool Covers)
2015: Hobby Niches
2015’s top ten dropshipping niches were all about hobby niches. People are passionate about their hobbies and will gladly spend top dollar to support that passion!
The best part? These passionate people can be targeted over and over again with new content that can be loaded into your email autoresponder. You can target the same customers repeatedly by delivering real value that they’ll love and want to share with their communities.
For you, this means less advertising costs, more qualified traffic, and more loyal customers.
Out of all the hobbies that are popular, we found that these ten dropship niches (in no particular order) were the winners:
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Home Brewing
- Model Trains
- Arts & Crafts
- Doll Houses
These dropshipping niches have a lot of opportunities to use smaller offers for building trust with your customers. That way they’re comfortable buying your main offer.
Also, you can make some great free content with these niches to attract potential customers. You can find some additional tips on finding products in our Ultimate Drop Shipping Guide.
Now you have 50 of the best and most profitable drop shipping niches from the last 5 years! With these ideas, you can get started creating your own eCommerce store. And finally, live the lifestyle you’ve always wanted.