Are you looking for a way to add another stream of income without quitting your current work? Don’t worry! With the continuous rise of technology and the internet, there are many ways to earn that additional income wherever you are in the world. There are five ways I recommend to make money online, and to make it more interesting, all of these are involved with Shopify. Many people think that the only way you can make money with Shopify is when you sell on the platform, which is not entirely true.
Selling is just one way, and I’ll discuss more ways to make money online using Shopify. As long as you have an internet connection, you can make money from home online, so let’s get started!
Become a Shopify Partner
The first way I recommend is the easiest and probably the least intimidating way to start making money online. Being a Shopify Partner means you’ll be referring people to use the Shopify platform to make money.
This is a good way to start this because Shopify is considered the best eCommerce platform. When you refer people to use it, you’re sure that you’re referring to high-quality products and that they’ll have a great experience on the platform.
Here’s how this works:
The commission you can earn varies depending on the level or tier of Shopify service a person signs up for. This can amount to up to 20% of their monthly subscription fee.
There are a lot of products, apps, and services that you can recommend to get people to sign up with your link. To successfully earn commissions as a partner, you have to create content that people want to consume and good product knowledge.
Three Main Types of Content You Can Do
Overall, it’s a great way to make money online just by tapping Shopify’s vast customer base and ecosystem.
Offer Web Design Services
By web design, I don’t mean you have to compete with companies that offer web design and site-building services for $30,000 to $50,000. I’m talking about starting with a basic technical skillset, like knowing your way around Shopify themes and even basic code edits.
What’s important is you have an eye for design. You understand color palettes, styles, and how things work together. I’m also talking about having a basic understanding of conversion rate optimization so you can build stores that people will buy from.
If you can do these and offer them as a package service to millions of Shopify store owners, you can make money even without too much experience. You can start at low prices for this and charge more as your customer base increases. Offer your services and build a store from the ground up for a new Shopify store or fix an existing one that somebody got messed up and make it work.
Don't worry where to find these customers whose stores you can work on.
Here Are Some Places to Get Started and Get Clients
Offer Email Marketing Services
With millions of stores on Shopify, many of them aren’t doing anything when it comes to email marketing. This means they’re not actively building their email lists and sending constant promotions and content.
That’s why I recommend being an email marketer as one of the easiest ways to make money online. They’re not building relationships and getting revenue through email, and you can do that for them instead if you have the skills.
You’ll write email campaigns for them based on their needs. For example, they want to re-market their customers, mention their abandoned carts, or notify them about their promotions and new products. There are many things you can write and offer to them to make money.
How to make money online with this? You can reach out to Shopify store owners and offer email marketing services where you create email campaigns for them.
Three Ways You Can Earn With This
Again, there’s a massive market for this since there are many people who’re struggling in this aspect of their business. You can get clients the same ways listed when offering web design services. But you can also go to a website called builtwith.com.
Using this website, you can search for “Shopify,” and it will show you results of people or stores that use Shopify to power their storefronts. From there, you can reach out to each of them and offer services and earn money.
Offer Media Buying
The fourth way to make money online is to become a Shopify media buyer, an eCommerce-focused media buyer. Media buying is when one purchases and uses ad spaces on different media channels that are relevant to their business and their target audience.
Many Shopify store owners aren’t media buying. With Facebook, Instagram, Bing, Google, TikTok ads, and many other platforms out there, there are tons of untapped opportunities from paid traffic for these Shopify store owners, which you can do for them instead to make money from home online.
What you can do is offer paid media as a service, where you manage ad accounts for Shopify stores. The way you make money with this is you charge your clients fixed amounts and earn a percentage of ad spend.
This is a great way to help Shopify store owners make more money while you earn money at the same time. You can also do this anywhere in the world, as long as you have internet access.
However, you need a more advanced skill level for this method of making money compared to the other options. You have to be excellent with paid media, and not just anybody can do this. You have to make sure that you can get results if you offer yourself as a media buyer.
Three Main Steps in Media Buying
If you’re not good at it and don't have that skill set, don’t do it. You’re going to use and spend real money from the store owners on ads and it would be a great loss for them if you don’t know how to do them right. Unfortunately, some companies do this and just disappear on the Shopify store owners after a while, after losing their money and opportunities. Don’t be like them.
Build Your Own Store
As mentioned, building a Shopify store is the most common and obvious way to make money from home online with Shopify. Build your own store using the Drop Ship Lifestyle model. The skills you need for this are everything that we just covered in one to four and a bunch more that are covered in the dropship blueprint. I lay it all out for you, step-by-step, so you can easily learn it.
All of these methods are great ways to make money online when executed but I personally recommend this fifth option if you want to build something online. It has the highest potential upside and allows more outsourcing and automation options which will allow you to manage your store in just 15-30 minutes per day.
How You Can Build Your Shopify Store
- 1Sign up for Shopify: Create your account and decide on your password and store name.
- 2Choose and upload your Shopify store theme: You need a theme or layout of what your store will look like. There are a lot of options you can choose from, but by default, Shopify will give you a theme called ‘Debut.” We also developed our own theme called Charlotte that is recommended for high-ticket dropshippers.
- 3Register a domain name for your store: You have to pick a domain name before you go on any further building your store. You can either buy a new domain, which costs about $14 a year, or connect an existing domain from a third-party registrar.
- 4Create product collections: Add collections or categories to your store to make it easier for customers to find what they need.
- 5Upload your products to your Shopify store: Add your products to your store. You’ll have to add essential details like the product name, description, and brand. Since you already have collections, you can tag your products under them.
- 6Add pages and posts to it: Add webpages, like About Us and Contact Us pages, and create blog posts to engage your target market.
- 7Create and add menus: Organize your store by adding menus so your customers can easily navigate through your products and pages and make better purchasing decisions.
- 8Customize your Shopify theme: Customize your store’s content, layout, font, and colors to modify its theme to make it look more like a reliable store. You can also add other elements to your site, like slideshows and headers.
- 9Modify your Shopify settings: Set your preferences for your site, like adding Google Analytics codes to track visitors and adding Facebook tracking pixels to re-market visitors who haven’t bought.
- 10Install and use Shopify apps: The last step you need is to add Shopify apps that can help you with different operations like email collection, live chat, package tracking, and more.
What you’re going to do here is use all of the skill sets we’ve covered and leverage them to get that high potential of earning lots of money. You’ll be building a store that you can sell for a lot of money someday and will continue to generate money revenue for you over and over again.
Make Money Online Today - Conclusion
Shopify is the biggest eCommerce platform today and you can take advantage of that to make money online. There are many opportunities you can tap into and you don’t even have to go out of your home to do them. As a recall, here are ways how to make money online:
If you’re going with any of them, I recommend going for option 5. Of course, you can always go for what you think you’re most capable of and make money from home online!